Movies are the works of arts that are pleasure to watch. They provide characters, plots, and settings that contribute to the construction of stories in the movies.
This post is intended for Indonesian students who learn Cross-Culture Understanding (CCU) with me in the Odd Semester of 2020/2021 academic year. The students are registered in the V TBI/A and V TBI/B classes. Each of the students is required to compose their final project about Responses or Feedback about Movies.
General readers of this blog are welcome to read, and if necessary, are welcome to give additional comments to enrich this discussion, so that the students might have new insights about the movies they watched.
In the CCU subject, Indonesian students learned about concepts and theories that relate to Culture. Besides, they learn about Communication Theory that supports the explanation of the importance of understanding cultures of other people and cultures of the self. The purpose of this Final Project is to allow students to have Space where they can give comments or feedback about Movies. In the same time, they practice English composition. This Final Project is, therefore, a combination of listening, reading, and writing skill in English.
Instruction for the Final Project
- This final project is for individual student;
- Each student chose a movie to be watched and commented;
- The movie uses English as its main language in the story;
- Movies that use languages other than English can be selected, but the movie should have Indonesian subtitle;
- Student composed their response of the movie in four paragraphs;
- First paragraph is the introductory to the movie response;
- Second paragraph is the review of the plot of the movie in your own words (do not copy the synopsis of the movie from any source);
- Third paragraph is the main point of your argument about the response of the movie;
- Four paragraph is the remarks, or the values that you can gain from the movie;
- Each paragraph should have at least four to five sentences;
- Each student mentioned the title of the movie in their response, such as: “Titanic: The Persecution of Woman’s Rights in Marriage (Student Name – NIM. 0000000)”
- The language use in the response is English;
- Each student has to avoid doing plagiarism;
- Each student send the file of the movie to me through Google drive.
The deadline for submitting this Final Project, as the replacement of the UAS (Ujian Akhir Semester) is December 27, 2020, at 23:59 WIB / 11:59 pm.
Student posted their Response in the comment section of this blog post.
As examples for movie response, you may click the following links:
- The Great Wall – A Movie on Greediness
- The Monkey King 2 – A Personal Review
- “Jason Bourne” 2016 – The Enemies are, Within
- “Fantastic Four” 2015 – How Intelligent Matters with Humanistic Personality
- “Finding Dory” – Simply, Entertaining!
- Civil War – Avengers: “Stood for What is Right”
- and movie responses in this blog that you can find by clicking the Post Category list located in right side of this website.
Note: Submit your response only once in the comment section. Do not send more than once because it will confuse me to choose which assignment that you send is correct.
Have a good day for all of you, and stay blessed!