As a registered English researcher and teaching staff in Indonesia, I am administratively required by KEMENRISTEKDIKTI (Kementerian Riset, Teknologi, dan Pendidikan Tinggi) to conduct social community services.
List of Social Community Services
The following list is information of social community services that I have done throughout my career as an English lecturer in Indonesia. This list is published online to record and share information on the social community services.
- Serving as Representative of Delegates from Youth / in RW III Ulak Karang Utara at Volunteer Team Building and Village Poverty Reflection (RK) Team level / RW. Social Societies.
- Committee, Instructor and Supervisor on Pesantren Ramadhan Activities 1430 H / 2013 M. 24 August – 15 Sept 2009.
- Serving as Secretary to Youth Organisation GAPPURA 81 – assisting local government efforts in building youth social security. 5 years (2010-2014). Youth Organisation – Assisting Government Performance at Village Level and Shaded by Padang Utara Sub-district. SK Appointment from the Village Head, No: 12 / UKU-30 / V-2009.
- Counselling to the Community. “The Dangers of Drugs for Teen Generation”. Kampung Tangah Nagari Koto Malintang, Kecamatan Tanjung Raya, Regency of Agam. 20 Juni 2010.
- Counselling to the Community. “Motivating Society in Educating Children In accordance with Islamic Religious Recommendations to Anticipate Youth Moral Shift“. Balai Pemuda, Jorong Muko-Muko, PLTA Maninjau Nagari, Kota Malintang, Sumatera Barat.
- As an Instructor on English Debating Training at Andalas University for preparation of the National English Debate Competition. 26 – 28 April 2010. Training of Student Activities.
- Committee, Instructor and Supervisor on Pesantren Ramadhan Activities 1431 H / 2010 M. Ramadhan boarding school activities for elementary, junior high, and senior high school students in Padang. 14 August -September 6, 2010. Hidayah Mosque, Ulak Karang Utara, Padang city.
- No activity of social community services within the years because I went to the United States of America to study for a Master’s degree in English at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Graduated on May 4, 2013. However, when I was in the United States, I performed Minangkabau traditional arts: Rantak dance, at the international night event of SIUe.
- Chairman of the Committee on Pesantren Ramadhan 1434 H / 2013 M. Ramadhan boarding school activities for elementary, junior high, and senior high school students in Padang. Certificate from Government and Mosque Board of Padang City. Hidayah Mosque, Ulak Karang Utara, Padang city. July 13 – 5 August 2013.
- Invited Speaker at ACIKITA International Event. International Seminar on Education-5 ACIKITA Padang. Hall Building B Bung Hatta University. August 18, 2013.
- Speaker on Fulbright Scholarship. AMINEF Presentation. Andalas University Language Center. October 29, 2013.
- Developed educational results that can be utilised by the school community, with the theme of community service: “Introduction of English for Students SDN 09 / Korong Gadang, Padang through Rhyming English Song.” November 15, 2014. Letter of Duty, No: 445 / STKIP-AK / PGRI / 2014.
- Jury of Spelling Competition for High School level in Padang City. September 24, 2014. Letter of Request, No: 192 / PAN-PSYMPHONY / PRODI PSIKOLOGI / FK-UA / IX / 2014.
- Theme: “Community Service by Lecturers and Students Department of Education STKIP PGRI West Sumatera for Cultivation of Tukik in Pantai Air Manis Padang , Implementation of Tourism Course”. Letter of Duty, No: 665 / STKIP-AU / PGRI / 2015. April 25, 2015.
- Member of the Supervisory Committee (SBMPTN) in 2015. SK, No: 002 / PL-17 PDG / SBMPTN / 2015.
- Acting as a Research Instrument Validator for Student Thesis. 17 students. Letter of Request for Research Validator for Student’s Thesis.
- Compiled Test of English as Foreign Language – Unofficial TOEFL-Like Test. Code: 1113TOEFL-STKIP-2014.
- Member of the Supervisory Committee (SPMB) Wave III. August 15, 2015. Letter of Invitation, No: 009 / PAN-SPMB / STKIP-PGRI / 2015.
- Being a resource person at the International Talk-show: “Keluar Negeri …? Why Not …?” November 3, 2015. Certificate, No .: 0491 / TS01 / TLC // XI / 2015.
- Theme of Service: “Improving Critical Thinking Ability through English Debate Activities at SMK Dhuafa Nusantara, Padang.” Letter of Duty, No: 1972 / STKIP-AU / PGRI / 2015. November 26, 2015.
- Acting as Chair of the Jury / Chief of Adjudicator 1 – Selection and Exhibition of Internal Debaters. April 17, 2015. Certificate, No .: 0033 / ING / STKIP-PGRI / IV-2015.
- Acting as the Jury of Indonesian Debate Selection. April 18, 2015. Certificate, No .: 0034 / ING / STKIP-PGRI / IV-2015.
- Acting as a Research Instrument Validator for Student Thesis. Letter of Request for Research Validator for Student’s Thesis. Five students.
- Theme of Community Service: “Pentingnya Pelestarian Dunia Pariwisata Daerah di Provinsi Sumatera Barat melalui Publikasi Karya Tulis Mahasiswa sebagai Bentuk Pengabdian Dosen beserta Mahasiswa di Istano Basa Pagaruyuang – Batusangkar, Prov. Sumatera Barat“. April 30, 2016. Letters of Duty, Reports of complete activity, and Certificate of Service Activities from UPTD Istano Basa Pagaruyuang and Study Program of English Education STKIP PGRI Sumatera Barat.
- Acting as the Best Students Selection Jury for STKIP PGRI Sumatera Barat level. Request Letter, No: 572 / STKIP-AK / PGRI / 2016. April 19, 2016.
- Being a Translator for Surat Keterangan Pendamping Ijazah (SKPI) in Language Development Unit – STKIP PGRI Sumatera Barat. Letter of Notice as a Translator, No: 360 / STKIP-UPB / PGRI-SB / 2016.
- TOEFL-Like Test Instructor at Language Development Unit – STKIP PGRI Sumatera Barat. Letter of Notice as the Instructor, No: 359 / STKIP-UPB / PGRI-SB / 2016.
- Pelatihan Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) pada Skill Listening Bagi Guru dan Siswa SMKN 6 Padang di Kota Padang.
- More information will be informed soon.
Information in this post is written for informing the truth as it is. If, in the future, some misleading information have been acclaimed under my name, Syayid Sandi Sukandi, that I receive grant in huge amount of Rupiahs (or Dollars) for list of social community services as stated above, such information needs my clarification and official statement, which needs approval from the legalised authority. The party that states that I have received information about a funding needs to give evidence from the authority. If they can give true financial transaction evidence from authorised banks, as evidence that I received the funding, they are free from any law enforcement. If they cannot give valid and officially proven financial transaction evidence, the party will have to process legal law under official arrangement with Indonesian government and legal constitutions, such as Undang-Undang Guru dan Dosen, and Kitab Undang-Undang Hukum Pidana. It against the law when a party claims has funded a researcher (in this case, a lecturer) while in fact, the researcher (or the lecturer) had not been funded at every costs. “Costs” at this point mean all items that support the lecturer conducted a social community service, write an article about the community service, and publish an article on the community service – (or inclusive in all aspects). Partial funding might be available to be stated with clarified documentary evidence from the authority.